The following are some of my less used apps on my iPod Touch, see the rest in Part 1 of this post
- Google Mobile App – Free from Google it features all the usual Google apps such as Gmail, Calendar, Search engine, Buzz etc.
- iBooks – Apples own Kindle app.
- Kindle – lets you read your Kindle downloads on your iPod touch useful if you don’t have a Kindle… yet! I haven’t really used this one much yet, but text is very clear on the iPod, although naturally the screen is some what smaller than a Kindle.
Panorama – a simple app that lets you take panorama pictures by joining together multiple pictures taken with the built in camera, and it is Free
- Flickr – Access your Flickr account to share and view pictures
- Remote – This app lets me control iTunes on my iMac from anywhere in the house, not worked out why I would want to do that yet!!
- Skype – Like the desktop app it lets you have voice calls and now video calls with other Skype users on PC’s, Macs, Linux platforms.
- TV Guide – A free UK TV programme guide, a miniature Radio Times if you like.. and it’s free
- Wikipedia – a great free app for looking up the answers to quiz questions, or the details of an actor whilst you are watching TV!
- WordPress – Useful for updating WordPress Blogs like this one, you can edit posts and create new ones.
- Radio Player – a great free app for streaming UK radio stations to your iPod
Fon Maps – This application is supposed to indicate the location of FON WiFi hotspots, but it doesn’t appear to work – Failure
- Heart Pal – I use this free app to track my blood pressure, it shows the highs and lows and an average figure too. I have a BP monitor that I take the readings with and then feed these in to the app.
Don’t hesitate to ask me for more information if you need it on any of the apps listed.