UK television is full of programs about buying houses aboard. A lot of them are about people who have bought a house far bigger than they have previously owned. They then want to use this house as some form of business in the place of their choosing, France, Spain etc.
I’ve come to the conclusion that to get on to one of these programs you:
1. Must not speak the local language;
2. Must not have had a survey done on the property you are purchasing;
3. Must not have researched your new business, especially if you haven’t done it before in UK (even better!)
4. You must assume that costs are the same where ever you are moving to as they are in UK
5. The cost of any work will always be at least 50% more than was originally estimated..
The list goes on… get any one of these and you are well in the running to appear on one of these programs….